WASHINGTON, DC – Earlier this week, the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, chaired by Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA), announced a hearing for Tuesday, February 28, 2017, on the international anti-doping system.
Following last summer’s Olympics in Rio and ahead of the winter Olympics in PyeongChang next year, the subcommittee will examine the current state of the international anti-doping system, challenges it faces, and ways it can be improved.
Confirmed witnesses include:
- Mr. Michael Phelps, American swimmer and Olympic gold medalist
- Mr. Adam Nelson, American shot putter and Olympic gold medalist
- Mr. Travis Tygart, Chief Executive Officer, United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)
- Mr. Rob Koehler, Deputy Director General, World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA)
- Dr. Richard Budgett, Medical and Scientific Director, International Olympic Committee (IOC)
The Majority Memorandum and witness testimony for the hearing will be available here as they are posted.