WASHINGTON, DC –The Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee, chaired by Rep. Tim Murphy (R-PA), has announced the witnesses for the Tuesday, April 19, 2016, hearing entitled, “Deciphering the Debate Over Encryption: Industry and Law Enforcement Perspectives.”
Witnesses will include:
- Amy Hess, Executive Assistant Director for Science and Technology, Federal Bureau of Investigations;
- Thomas Galati, Chief, Intelligence Bureau, New York Police Department;
- Ron Hickman, Sheriff, Harris County Sheriff’s Office, on behalf of the National Sheriff’s Association; and
- Charles Cohen, Commander, Indiana Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force.
- Bruce Sewell, General Counsel, Apple, Inc.;
- Amit Yoran, President, RSA Security LLC;
- Daniel Weitzner, Director and Principal Research Scientist, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL) Decentralized Information Group (DIG), Massachusetts Institute of Technology; and
- Matthew Blaze, Associate Professor, Computer and Information Science, School of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Pennsylvania.
More information for next Tuesday’s hearing will be posted online HERE as it becomes available.