Subcommittee to Host International Forum to Examine Geopolitical Impacts of U.S. LNG Exports
The Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Energy and Power will host a forum next Thursday entitled “Geopolitical Implications and Mutual Benefits of U.S. LNG Exports.” Representatives from several foreign countries and the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico will participate in the forum, providing an opportunity for members to hear a broad range of international perspectives on U.S. LNG exports, the current policies governing these exports, and the potential impacts increasing exports would have on global markets.
“Innovative technological advancements have dramatically changed the energy landscape of America, and this new energy reality has game-changing potential both domestically and abroad,” said full committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-MI). “Such a summit with our global friends would have been unthinkable just a few short years ago. Our natural gas boom is creating jobs and revitalizing manufacturing here at home, but it also offers an opportunity for us to help our allies and trading partners fuel their economy and reduce the world's reliance on unstable regions of the world.”
WHAT: Forum on “Geopolitical Implications and Mutual Benefits of U.S. LNG Exports”
WHEN: Thursday, October 10, 2013, at 2:00 p.m.
- Members of the Subcommittee on Energy and Power
- Czech Republic: Jaroslav Zajíček, Deputy Chief of Mission
- Haiti: Rene Jean-Jumeau, Minister Delegate to the Prime Minister, Charge of Energy Security
- Hungary: Anita Orban, Ambassador-at-Large for Energy Security of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- India: Taranjit Singh Sandhu, Deputy Chief of Mission
- Lithuania: Zygimantas Pavilionis, Ambassador to the United States and Mexico
- Puerto Rico: Efraín O'Neill-Carrillo, Senior Energy Advisor to the Governor
- Singapore: Ashok Kumar Mirpuri, Ambassador to the United States
- South Korea: Ahn Ho-Young, Ambassador to the United States
- Japan: Yasushi Akahoshi, Minister, Economy, Trade, Industry and Energy
- Thailand: Representative TBD