WASHINGTON, DC – Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Greg Walden (R-OR) today announced a series of hearings related to President Trump’s federal budget request. Below is a full list of confirmed hearing dates and witnesses. The President’s request is expected to be released on February 12, 2018.
- February 14, 2018 – National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Deputy Administrator Heidi King will testify before #SubDCCP.
- February 15, 2018 – Department of Health and Human and Services (HHS) Secretary Alex Azar will testify before #SubHealth.
- February 16, 2018 – All Federal Communications Commission (FCC) commissioners will testify before #SubCommTech.
- March 1, 2018 – All Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) commissioners will testify before #SubEnergy.
- March 6, 2018 – National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) Administrator David Redl will testify before #SubCommTech.
- March 20, 2018 – All Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) commissioners will testify before a joint #SubEnergy and #SubEnvironment hearing.
The committee has invited Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Administrator Scott Pruitt and Department of Energy (DOE) Secretary Rick Perry to testify and is awaiting confirmation from the agencies.
“I am pleased that so many members of the Trump Administration have worked closely with the Energy and Commerce Committee to schedule these important hearings. It is essential that Congress exercise our oversight responsibilities and we are eager to hear from the Administration on the President’s budget request and other key issues facing our nation,” said Chairman Walden.