Pallone on Democrats Winning House Majority
Energy and Commerce Ranking Member Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ) issued the following statement on the Democrats winning the House majority last night:
“Last night’s election results were a big win for our nation and for the American people. In the coming days, I will be asking my Democratic colleagues for their support to lead our party as Chairman of the Energy and Commerce Committee.
“Next year, we will follow through on pushing policies that build a stronger economy, create more good-paying jobs and protect consumers from skyrocketing costs that make it increasingly difficult to make ends meet. We’ll also conduct vigorous oversight of the Trump Administration, so Washington works again for the people not the special interests. As we prepare for a Democratic majority, I will have discussions with my colleagues about moving forward with our priorities.”
Pallone plans to have discussions with his Democratic colleagues about building upon the For the People agenda and putting forward proposals to:
- Lower health care and prescription drug costs;
- Undo the Trump Administration’s efforts to sabotage our health care system;
- Strengthen Medicare and Medicaid;
- Rebuild America by investing in green energy, drinking water and broadband infrastructure;
- Address climate change by looking at the impacts on communities and the economy, and holding the Administration accountable for its policies that make it worse;
- Restore environmental protections gutted over the last two years;
- Protect net neutrality;
- Provide meaningful privacy and data security protections.