Chairs Rodgers, Guthrie Announce Subcommittee Legislative Hearing on All Hazards and Public Health Security Threats
Washington, D.C. — House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) and Subcommittee on Health Chair Brett Guthrie (R-KY) today announced a subcommittee legislative hearing titled “Legislative Solutions to Bolster Preparedness and Response for All Hazards and Public Health Security Threats.”
“As public health threats and hazards evolve, so must our efforts to prepare and respond—whether they be chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, a cyberattack, or another emerging infectious disease. We must take lessons learned from past experiences as well as advice from experts in emerging fields to secure the safety and wellbeing of the American people. We look forward to discussing solutions to prepare for the next generation of threats and hazards that we may face,” said Chairs Rodgers and Guthrie.
Subcommittee on Health hearing titled “Legislative Solutions to Bolster Preparedness and Response for All Hazards and Public Health Security Threats.”
WHAT: A subcommittee legislative hearing to discuss solutions for preparedness and response to public health security threats and hazards.
DATE: Tuesday, June 13, 2023
TIME: 10:30 AM EDT
LOCATION: 2322 Rayburn House Office Building
WITNESSES: Witnesses will be announced and are by invitation only.
LEGISLATION AND PROPOSALS UNDER CONSIDERATION:
- H.R. __, To reauthorize certain programs under the Public Health Service Act with respect to public health security and all-hazards preparedness and response, and for other purposes. (Rep. Richard Hudson)
- H.R. __, the Public Health Guidance Transparency and Accountability Act (Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers)
- H.R. __, the PHEMCE Advisory Committee Act (Rep. Richard Hudson)
- H.R. __, the PHE Congressional Review Act of 2023 (Reps. Greg Murphy and Brett Guthrie)
- H.R. __, the Improving Contract Transparency for the SNS Act (Rep. Morgan Griffith)
- H.R. __, the Improving Contract Transparency at BARDA Act (Rep. Morgan Griffith)
- H.R. __, the Biosecurity Infrastructure for Operational (BIO) Early Warning Act (Reps. Dan Crenshaw and Scott Peters)
- H.R. 3813, the CDC Leadership Accountability Act (Rep. Brett Guthrie)
- H.R. 3631, the State Strategic Stockpile Act of 2023 (Reps. Buddy Carter and Chrissy Houlahan)
- H.R. 3577, the Medical and Health Stockpile Accountability Act of 2023 (Reps. Richard Hudson and Josh Gottheimer)
- H.R. 3837, the Improving Public Health Preparedness Act (Rep. Mariannette Miller-Meeks)
- H.R. 3832, the Disease X Act of 2023 (Reps. Lori Trahan, Michael Burgess, Dan Crenshaw, and Susie Lee)
- H.R. 3613, the Doctors at the Ready Act (Reps. Kim Schrier and Bill Johnson)
- H.R. 2416, To amend the Public Health Service Act to reauthorize a military and civilian partnership for trauma readiness grant program. (Reps. Michael Burgess and Kathy Castor)
- H.R. 3840, the Ensuring Sufficient Supply of Testing Act (Reps. Neal Dunn and Debbie Dingell)
- H.R. 3795, To amend the Public Health Service Act to require the development of a diagnostic testing preparedness plan to be used during public health emergencies, and for other purposes. (Reps. Greg Pence, Kim Schrier, Larry Bucshon, and Andre Carson)
- H.R. 3703, the Helping Evaluate Appropriate Logistical Infrastructure for National Government (HEALING) Response Act of 2023 (Reps. Bob Latta and Robin Kelly)
- H.R. 3742, To direct the Comptroller General of the United States to evaluate the Federal Government’s collection and sharing of public health data to respond to public health emergencies. (Reps. Scott Peters and Brett Guthrie)
- H.R. 3820, To amend the Public Health Service Act to strike the requirement that the Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention be appointed by and with the advice and consent of the Senate (Rep. Frank Pallone, Jr.)
- H.R. 3794, the Fast-Track Logistics for Acquiring Supplies in a Hurry (FLASH) Act of 2023 (Rep. Robert Garcia)
- H.R. 3791, the Improving Data Accessibility Through Advancements (DATA) in Public Health Act (Reps. Lauren Underwood, Ami Bera, Kathy Castor, and Rosa DeLauro)
This notice is at the direction of the Chair. The hearing will be open to the public and press and will be live streamed online at https://energycommerce.house.gov/. If you have any questions concerning the hearing, please contact Jolie Brochin with the Committee staff at Jolie.Brochin@mail.house.gov. If you have any press-related questions, please contact Christopher Krepich at Christopher.Krepich@mail.house.gov.