Chairs Rodgers, Guthrie Announce Subcommittee Legislative Hearing on Solutions to Address Substance Use Disorder
Washington, D.C. — House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) and Subcommittee on Health Chair Brett Guthrie (R-KY) today announced a subcommittee legislative hearing titled "Responding to America's Overdose Crisis: An Examination of Legislation to Build Upon the SUPPORT Act."
The Chairs issued the following statement:
“With more than 100,000 lives lost from drug overdoses and fentanyl poisonings last year, it’s critical that Congress address all facets contributing to increased rates of substance use disorder. This crisis is tearing apart families across our nation. At our recent field hearing, we heard compelling testimony from a medical professional, a law enforcement officer, and a father who lost his daughter to fentanyl poisoning. Their message was clear. We must work together and strengthen programs that help people manage addiction and find opportunities for a better life. To help more Americans find hope and the support they need, we are considering legislative solutions in our hearing next week.”
Subcommittee on Health legislative hearing titled "Responding to America's Overdose Crisis: An Examination of Legislation to Build Upon the SUPPORT Act."
WHAT: A subcommittee hearing to discuss the opioid crisis and reauthorizing key portions of the SUPPORT Act.
DATE: Wednesday, June 21, 2023
LOCATION: 2322 Rayburn House Office Building
TIME: 10:00 AM ET
WITNESSES: Witnesses will be announced and are by invitation only.
LEGISLATION TO BE DISCUSSED:
- H.R. 824, the Telehealth Benefit Expansion for Workers Act of 2023 (Reps. Tim Walberg, Suzan DelBene, Angie Craig, Ron Estes, Mikie Sherrill, Rick Allen)
- H.R. 3892, the Improving Mental Health and Drug Treatment Act (Reps. Michael Burgess and Ritchie Torres)
- H.R. 4091, the Combatting Substance Use Disorder Act (Reps. David Valadao and Mike Garcia)
- H.R. 3736, the Extending Access to Addiction Treatment Act (Reps. Paul Tonko and Kelly Armstrong)
- H.R. 4096, A bill to amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to expand the application of Medicaid State programs to monitor antipsychotic medications to all Medicaid beneficiaries. (Reps. Buddy Carter and Jan Schakowsky)
- H.R. 4056, the Ensuring Medicaid Continuity for Children in Foster Care Act of 2023 (Reps. Gus Bilirakis and Kathy Castor)
- H.R. 3074, the Due Process Continuity of Care Act (Reps. David Trone and Michael Turner)
- H.R. 2400, the Reentry Act of 2023 (Reps. Paul Tonko and Michael Turner)
- H.R. 4089, the Safer Response Act (Reps. Anthony D’Esposito and Josh Harder)
- H.R. 4063, the FIND Fentanyl Act of 2023 (Reps. Debbie Dingell and Gus Bilirakis)
- H.R. 4079, the Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Loan Repayment Program Reauthorization Act of 2023 (Reps. Hal Rogers and Abigail Spanberger)
- H.R. 4100, To amend the Public Health Service Act to reauthorize a monitoring and education program regarding infections associated with illicit drug use and other risk factors. (Reps. Lori Chavez-DeRemer and Lori Trahan)
- H.R. 4101, the Road to Recovery Act (Reps. John James and Tony Cardenas)
- H.R. 4099, the RECONNECTS Act of 2023 (Reps. Morgan Griffith and Angie Craig)
- H.R. 4088, the CAREER Act (Reps. Andy Barr and Sharice Davids)
- H.R. 1502, the Comprehensive Opioid Recovery Centers Reauthorization Act of 2023 (Reps. Brett Guthrie, Scott Peters, Larry Bucshon, Paul Tonko)
- H.R. 4098, the Communities of Recovery Reauthorization Act (Reps. Brittany Pettersen and Zach Nunn)
- H.R. 4095, the Save Children from Trauma Act (Reps. Monica De La Cruz and Greg Landsman)
- H.R. 4097, the Mental Health Improvement Act (Reps. Emilia Sykes and John Joyce)
- H.R. 1839, the Combating Illicit Xylazine Act (Reps. Jimmy Panetta and August Pfluger)
- H.R. 4053, the Studying Suboxone Act (Reps. Anne Kuster and Buddy Carter)
- H.R.__, To amend the 21st Century Cures Act to expressly authorize the use of certain grants to implement substance use disorder and overdose prevention activities with respect to fentanyl and xylazine test strips. (Reps. Jasmine Crockett and Lance Gooden)
- H.R. 4057, the Keeping Kids Safe Act (Reps. Lisa Blunt Rochester and Brian Fitzpatrick)
- H.R. 4080, the Trauma-Informed Care Task Force Reauthorization Act of 2023 (Reps. Raul Ruiz and Bob Latta)
- H.R. 4092, the Protecting Moms and Infants Reauthorization Act (Reps. Marie Gluesenkamp Perez and Young Kim)
- H.R. 4054, the Trauma Support and Mental Health in Schools Reauthorization Act (Reps. Nikki Budzinski and Michelle Steel)
- H.R. 4093, the Remote Opioid Monitoring Act of 2023 (Reps. Troy Balderson and Robin Kelly)
- H.R. 4007, the HEAL Act (Reps. Kelly Armstrong and Paul Tonko)
This notice is at the direction of the Chair. The hearing will be open to the public and press and will be live streamed online at https://energycommerce.house.gov/. If you have any questions concerning the hearing, please contact Jolie Brochin with the Committee staff at Jolie.Brochin@mail.house.gov. If you have any press-related questions, please contact Christopher Krepich at Christopher.Krepich@mail.house.gov.