Chairs Rodgers and Latta Announce Subcommittee Markup of Bills to Reauthorize NTIA and Ensure the Agency is Advancing American Leadership
Washington, D.C. — House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) and Communications and Technology Subcommittee Chair Bob Latta (R-OH) today announced a subcommittee markup of bills to reauthorize NTIA and ensure the agency is advancing American leadership.
Chairs Rodgers and Latta released the following statement:
“The National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) plays a key role in closing the digital divide and strengthening American leadership in next-generation communications technology. It is responsible for developing a national spectrum strategy, seeking input on AI, privacy, and cybersecurity issues, and more recently, running the largest broadband grant program in our nation’s history. NTIA’s duties have changed since it was last reauthorized more than 30 years ago. It’s Congress’s responsibility to re-evaluate these duties and authorities and make sure the agency has the tools and congressional guidance needed to carry them out. We look forward to considering several bipartisan solutions to reauthorize NTIA and help ensure that the agency is adapting to meet the needs of a dynamic communications sector.”
WHAT: Subcommittee on Communications and Technology markup.
DATE: July 12, 2023
TIME: 10:00 AM ET
LOCATION: 2123 Rayburn House Office Building
This notice is at the direction of the Chair. The markup will be open to the public and press and will be live streamed online at https://energycommerce.house.gov/. If you have any questions concerning the hearing, please contact Noah Jackson with the Committee staff at Noah.Jackson@mail.house.gov. If you have any press-related questions, please contact Sean Kelly at Sean.Kelly@mail.house.gov.
Legislation to be considered:
- H.R. 4510, NTIA Reauthorization Act of 2023 (Reps. Latta and Matsui)
- H.R. 3430, Spectrum Relocation Enhancement Act (Reps. Matsui and Weber)
- H.R. 3385, Diaspora Link Act (Reps. Plaskett and Fulcher)
- H.R. 3369, AI Accountability Act (Rep. Harder)
- H.R. 4511, Public Safety Communications Act (Rep. Cammack)
- H.R. 4506, TEAM TELECOM Act (Rep. Johnson)
- H.R. 4512, Digital Economy Cybersecurity Advisory Act (Rep. Pfluger)
- H.R. 4505, PLAN For Broadband Act (Reps. Walberg and Kuster)
- H.R. 4513, Commerce Spectrum Coordination Act of 2023 (Rep. Griffith)
- H.R. 4504, Novel, Advanced, Spectrum and Communications Technology Networks Promotion Act (Rep. Guthrie)
- H.R. 3431, Spectrum Coexistence Act (Rep. Matsui)